Donkey Kong Online Open: Kong Off 3 Wild Card Qualifier #1!!!! TWITCH IS BACK UP. TOURNAMENT WILL BE STARTING AT 9:00AM PST (12:00PM EST) TODAY (06/22/2013) !!!
This is the third installment of the Donkey Kong Wildcard Tournament Rematch, brought to you by Eric Tessler and John Salter.
Start Time: June 22, 2013 9:00AM Pacific Time
End Time: June 23, 2013 8:59:59 PM Pacific time (36 hours)
Entry Fee: FREE!Prizes
- $250 for the 1st place submitted validated score
- $100 for the 2nd place submitted validated score
- $50 for the 3rd place submitted validated scoreBounties
$50.00 - First 1 Million Point submission: Dan Desjardins
$50.00 - Highest score at the end of level 1-1: Eric Tessler
$50.00 - Best start on your first jump man in terms of # of boards completed: Eric Tessler
$25.00 - Mystery bounty: Eric Tessler
More will be announced shortly
The current rankings for the contest will be posted on the Donkey Kong Forum (http://www.donkeykongforum.com/
). The rankings will be updated periodically throughout the duration of the contest.
IMPORTANT: The rules for the contest are laid out below. Please read through all of the rules carefully. Due to the anticipated large number of score submissions, John and Eric have the right to immediately reject any score submission if these rules are not followed as outlined below. ***NO EXCEPTIONS***Registration
Any contestant may now register for this contest, it is open to any person on this planet that plays Donkey Kong !!!
- All contestants will be required to register in order to compete in this Donkey Kong competition. In order to register, simply email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
* full name
* twitch stream URL
* Please specify “WildCard Rematch Entry” in the subject line of the email
- All registrations must be received prior to the start time of the competition.Stream Setup
- All contestants are required to stream their games on twitch.tv or Justin.tv. (NO EXEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON).
- Contestants are solely responsible for setting up their stream. Eric Tessler and John Salter will not be involved in any contestant’s stream setup for any reason.
- Contestants may enlist the help of anyone except Eric Tessler and John Salter to setup their stream.
- Contestant’s stream quality must be sharp enough to read the level and score at a glance (as well as the rest of the game play). If there is ANY question of score and level due to bad quality stream, that submission will be rejected, instantly, with no exceptions. We suggest that you test your streams and check them from time to time to make sure they are working correctly.
- Streams which are partial, glitchy, edited or manipulated in any way will be rejected.
- Streams must be available for review on the contestants registered twitch.tv channel. If for ANY reason the stream is not available for review on the contestant’s registered twitch.tv channel, the submission will be rejected. NO EXCEPTIONS.Game Submissions
- Contestant is solely responsible for submitting their own scores.
- DK arcade or DK MAME (US set 1) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives and a bonus life at 7000 points).
- Score submissions can be for any non-zero score.
- At the start of EACH new stream, contestant must state their full name (you no longer have to state your name before every single game).
- The entire game must be played only by the registered contestant who is identified at the beginning of the game.
- Scores can only be submitted via email to email@example.com
- Score submissions must contain “Score Submission” in the subject line. The body of the email MUST contain:
* First and last name
* Bounty being claimed (and please include calculations as needed by the bounty, such as “I completed 42 boards on my first jump man”)
* Final game score
* What time the stream was recorded
* URL to actual stream recording on twitch.tv
* Contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they want to claim when they submit a score.
* A contestant can only be paid for a maximum of 1 bounty for any one contest.
* If a submitted game qualifies for more than 1 bounty, the contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they are claiming and they can only claim a single bounty (and the refs will consider only the specified bounty for the score submission). For example, if I have a game where I am the first to a million points and a kill screen, I claim the million point bounty and the kill screen bounty remains open for other contestants to claim.
* If a contestant tries to claim a bounty however is not awarded that bounty for some reason (i.e., they were incorrect about the bounty or another contestant's score submission invalidates their bounty claim), the contestant may try to claim another bounty on one of their next score submissions.
* Bounties are considered in the order in which the score submissions are received.
* Please remember that the bounty system was introduced for fun and to spread around some extra money to the contestants. Any disputes over the bounties will be settled accordingly by Eric/John.
- If any player is at Eric's or John’s house on the day of the contest, they may use our DK arcade machine for the tournament and we will act as a referee (as such, they do not need to submit their score via email, but the game will still be broadcasted on twitch.tv for everyone to see).
- Eric and John will be validating all scores and reserve the right to reject any score for any reason.
- Games started before the official contest start time (no matter how close to the official contest start time) will not be eligible.
- Games started after the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time) will not be eligible.
- Last game can be started any time before the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time).
- Scores can be submitted up until 4 hours past the official contest end time.Prize Payouts
- Prize money will be issued in the exact amount stated, ONLY to the registered contestant.
- Prize money will be sent via PayPal or sent via U.S. post in the form of a registered money order, or check ONLY to the registered contestant.
- If the contestant rejects the prize acceptance guidelines, listed above, or chooses not to accept the prize, that money will be added to the next contest purse.
Once a contestant wins prize money in a tournament (bounties are not included), they cannot win any more prize money for the following 2 tournaments (after the next 2 tournaments, that player will once again be allowed to win some prize money). This will allow different people to have a chance at winning some prize money.Clarifications
- Kill screen: In order to qualify for a kill screen on 22-1, we must be able to see the jump man death that is caused by the kill screen itself (dying any other way will not count). Closing Remarks
- Please remember, at the end of the day, this is for fun and to keep the community together. Anyone who does not follow the rules, cheats, etc, will be removed from the contest, and possibly banded from all future contests.
- These guidelines can be changed at any time because Eric and John are in charge and are on a total power trip.
- Get practicing and good luck to all contestants