Donkey Kong Online Open 2016 #3: Crazy Kong!!!Welcome to another Donkey Kong online tournament: Crazy Kong !!!!
IMPORTANT NOTE: For anyone who is submitting a score for one of the top prizes or bounties, you must submit a valid stream as per the rules below. I will not accept pictures, photos, witnesses or anything else like that to take the place of a valid stream. It is your responsibility to make sure your stream is working properly and is available for me to review. Thank you for understanding.
Start Time: October 3, 2016 12:00 AM Pacific Time
End Time: October 9, 2016 11:59 PM Pacific time (7 days)
Entry Fee: FREE!Prizes
- $250 to the player who breaks the world record score on arcade (681,500 - Robbie Lakeman)
- $250 to the player who breaks the world record score on MAME (738,100 - Phil Tudose)
- $50 to the first player to reach the kill screen (22-1) on their first life
- $50 for the first person to claim their first kill screen who has not had a kill screen before
- $50 to the player who beats the most boards on their first jump man
- $50 to the player who beats the most boards on their last jump man
- Mystery bounty #1
- Mystery bounty #2
- Bounty from Tim Kreh: $50 to the first one between Tim Kreh, James Magowan and Chris Teter to get a kill screen WITHOUT a rivet deathNOTE: Ties always go to the first person who claimed the bountyNOTE: Contestants who place in the money are not eligible to win a mystery bountyNOTE: Prizes and bounties might change in the future
The current rankings for the contest will be posted in a shared google document located at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kTNi3N3Q147puJMbLlS2xhufzCCtVdhDkyptZe-omsE/edit#gid=0.
IMPORTANT: The rules for the contest are laid out below. Please read through all of the rules carefully. Eric has the right to immediately reject any score submission if these rules are not followed as outlined below. ***NO EXCEPTIONS***Registration
- Any contestant may register for this contest, it is open to any person on this planet that plays Crazy Kong no matter what your skill level may be!!!
- All registrations must be received prior to the start time of the competition.
- In order to register, simply click on the following link and submit your information: http://donkeykongforum.com/tournaments/registration.phpStream Setup
- All contestants are required to stream their games on twitch.tv or hitbox. (NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON).
- Contestants are solely responsible for setting up their stream. Eric Tessler will not be involved in any contestantís stream setup for any reason.
- Contestants may enlist the help of anyone except Eric Tessler to setup their stream.
- Contestantís stream quality must be sharp enough to read the level and score at a glance (as well as the rest of the game play). If there is ANY question of score and level due to bad quality stream, that submission will be rejected, instantly, with no exceptions. I suggest that you test your streams and check them from time to time to make sure they are working correctly.
- Streams which are partial, glitchy, edited or manipulated in any way will be rejected.
- Streams must have sound enabled. We must be able to hear the contestants voice and the CK sounds.
- Streams must be available for review on the contestants registered streaming channel. If for ANY reason the stream is not available for review on the contestantís registered channel, the submission will be rejected. NO EXCEPTIONS.Game Submissions
- In order to submit a score, simply click on the following link: http://donkeykongforum.com/tournaments/scoresubmission.php
- Contestant is solely responsible for submitting their own scores.
- CK arcade or CK MAME (Falcon Part II set 1, official arcade version) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives and a bonus life at 7000 points, *all* tricks allowed).
- Score submissions can be for any non-zero score.
- At the start of EACH new stream, contestant must state their full name (you no longer have to state your name before every single game).
- The entire game must be played only by the registered contestant who is identified at the beginning of the game.
* Contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they want to claim when they submit a score.
* A contestant can only be paid for a maximum of 1 bounty for any one contest.
* If a submitted game qualifies for more than 1 bounty, the contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they are claiming and they can only claim a single bounty (and the refs will consider only the specified bounty for the score submission). For example, if I have a game where I am the first to a million points and a kill screen, I claim the million point bounty and the kill screen bounty remains open for other contestants to claim.
* If a contestant tries to claim a bounty however is not awarded that bounty for some reason (i.e., they were incorrect about the bounty or another contestant's score submission invalidates their bounty claim), the contestant may try to claim another bounty on one of their next score submissions.
* Bounties are considered in the order in which the score submissions are received.
* Please remember that the bounty system was introduced for fun and to spread around some extra money to the contestants. Any disputes over the bounties will be settled accordingly by Eric.
- If any player is at Eric's house on the days of the contest, I will act as a referee (as such, they do not need to submit their score via email, but the game will still be broadcasted on twitch.tv for everyone to see).
- Eric will be validating all scores and reserve the right to reject any score for any reason.
- Games started before the official contest start time (no matter how close to the official contest start time) will not be eligible.
- Games started after the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time) will not be eligible.
- Last game can be started any time before the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time).
- Scores can be submitted up until 4 hours past the official contest end time.
- You cannot use save/load states, continues or any other types of emulator-related cheats/tricks.Prize Payouts
- Prize money will be issued in the exact amount stated, ONLY to the registered contestant.
- Prize money will be sent via PayPal or sent via U.S. post in the form of a registered money order, or check ONLY to the registered contestant.
- If the contestant rejects the prize acceptance guidelines, listed above, or chooses not to accept the prize, that prize will be dropped.Clarifications
- CK kill screen: any game forced death on any level 22 board Closing Remarks
- Please remember, at the end of the day, this is for fun and to keep the community together. Anyone who does not follow the rules, cheats, etc, will be removed from the contest, and possibly banded from all future contests.
- Get practicing and good luck to all contestants !!!