Donkey Kong Online Open 2016 #2!!!Welcome to another Donkey Kong online tournament !!!!
IMPORTANT NOTE: For anyone who is submitting a score for one of the top prizes or bounties, you must submit a valid stream as per the rules below. I will not accept pictures, photos, witnesses or anything else like that to take the place of a valid stream. It is your responsibility to make sure your stream is working properly and is available for me to review. Thank you for understanding.IMPORTANT NOTE: Taking ideas for new bounties....please post on this topic and I will consider them...thanks!!!!
Start Time: June 27, 2016 12:00 AM Pacific Time
End Time: July 4, 2016 11:59 PM Pacific time (8 days)
Entry Fee: FREE!Prizes
Note: Since the KO 5 is right around the corner, anyone can win prizes!!!Bounties
- $100 to the first player to reach the kill screen (22-1) on their first life
- $200 to the first player to achieve 1,000,000 points on their first jump man
- $50 to the first player to achieve 800,000 points on their first jump man
- $50 for the first person to claim their first kill screen who has not had a kill screen before
- $50 to the first player to claim a kill screen (if they have already achieved a kill screen before)
- $50 to the first player to beat the 1-1 World Record bounty of 14,000
- $50 to the player who beats the most boards on their first jump man
- $50 to the player who beats the most boards on their last jump man
- Mystery bounty #1
- Mystery bounty #2
- Mystery bounty #3
- Bounties offered by players, thanks everyone!!!
- Daniel Desjardins: Only a single player may claim one of the following two bounties:
- $50 to the first player to achieve 1,000,000 or more points for their game submission who has not done this before
- $50 to the first player to achieve 1,100,000 or more points for their game submission who has not done this before
- Daniel Desjardins: $50 to the first player to achieve 1,200,000 or more points for their game submission (anyone may claim this bounty, even Dean
- Andrew Barrow: $50 to the first person to beat the start speed run WR of 7 min 17.085 sec
- TG Timing will be used. 1P movement to the instant the last rivet is pulled on 4-5
- This is a "start" speedrun and therefore must be on your first life.
- If on MAME an INP must be provided to either myself or submitted at TG. Frame advance will be used to accurately determine the time.
- If on a cab, I'll do a manual timing and determine the overall time. If theres any disputes Ill get an outside party (aka Jry
) to do the timing as well.
- Stephen Wagner: $27 bounty for the first person to jump 7 fireballs on level 7 rivets.
- Scott Cunningham: $195 for the first player to score at least 9000 points on a Level 05+ elevator stage
- If achieved on the arcade platform, a simple Twitch highlight is sufficient. If achieved using MAME, the complete INP file must be provided for review (no save states allowed).NOTE: Ties always go to the first person who claimed the bountyNOTE: Contestants who place in the money are not eligible to win a mystery bountyNOTE: Prizes and bounties might change in the futureDK Arcade World Record Pot (see the rules below)
- Current DK WR: Wes Copeland
- Current Pot Value: $1500
The current rankings for the contest will be posted in a shared google document located at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amtnpy63Y37jdDRaYjFLX1puTElyb2Z5RnpINTVXUGc#gid=0.
IMPORTANT: The rules for the contest are laid out below. Please read through all of the rules carefully. Eric has the right to immediately reject any score submission if these rules are not followed as outlined below. ***NO EXCEPTIONS***Registration
- Any contestant may register for this contest, it is open to any person on this planet that plays Donkey Kong no matter what your skill level may be!!!
- All registrations must be received prior to the start time of the competition.
- In order to register, simply click on the following link and submit your information: http://donkeykongforum.com/tournaments/registration.phpStream Setup
- All contestants are required to stream their games on twitch.tv or hitbox. (NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON).
- Contestants are solely responsible for setting up their stream. Eric Tessler will not be involved in any contestantís stream setup for any reason.
- Contestants may enlist the help of anyone except Eric Tessler to setup their stream.
- Contestantís stream quality must be sharp enough to read the level and score at a glance (as well as the rest of the game play). If there is ANY question of score and level due to bad quality stream, that submission will be rejected, instantly, with no exceptions. I suggest that you test your streams and check them from time to time to make sure they are working correctly.
- Streams which are partial, glitchy, edited or manipulated in any way will be rejected.
- Streams must have sound enabled. We must be able to hear the contestants voice and the DK sounds.
- Streams must be available for review on the contestants registered streaming channel. If for ANY reason the stream is not available for review on the contestantís registered channel, the submission will be rejected. NO EXCEPTIONS.Game Submissions
- In order to submit a score, simply click on the following link: http://donkeykongforum.com/tournaments/scoresubmission.php
- Contestant is solely responsible for submitting their own scores.
- DK arcade or DK MAME (US set 1) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives and a bonus life at 7000 points).
- Score submissions can be for any non-zero score.
- At the start of EACH new stream, contestant must state their full name (you no longer have to state your name before every single game).
- The entire game must be played only by the registered contestant who is identified at the beginning of the game.
* Contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they want to claim when they submit a score.
* A contestant can only be paid for a maximum of 1 bounty for any one contest.
* If a submitted game qualifies for more than 1 bounty, the contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they are claiming and they can only claim a single bounty (and the refs will consider only the specified bounty for the score submission). For example, if I have a game where I am the first to a million points and a kill screen, I claim the million point bounty and the kill screen bounty remains open for other contestants to claim.
* If a contestant tries to claim a bounty however is not awarded that bounty for some reason (i.e., they were incorrect about the bounty or another contestant's score submission invalidates their bounty claim), the contestant may try to claim another bounty on one of their next score submissions.
* Bounties are considered in the order in which the score submissions are received.
* Please remember that the bounty system was introduced for fun and to spread around some extra money to the contestants. Any disputes over the bounties will be settled accordingly by Eric.
- If any player is at Eric's house on the days of the contest, I will act as a referee (as such, they do not need to submit their score via email, but the game will still be broadcasted on twitch.tv for everyone to see).
- Eric will be validating all scores and reserve the right to reject any score for any reason.
- Games started before the official contest start time (no matter how close to the official contest start time) will not be eligible.
- Games started after the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time) will not be eligible.
- Last game can be started any time before the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time).
- Scores can be submitted up until 4 hours past the official contest end time.
- You cannot use save/load states, continues or any other types of cheats/tricks.
- NOTE: Any player who wants their scores to be included on the Donkey Kong High Score List will need to submit their performance to the Score Submissions thread and make sure they follow the List Submission Rules.DK Arcade World Record Pot Rules
- At the end of the tournament, the pot goes to the contestant who beats the current WR score (must be obtained on an arcade machine; MAME does not count).
- If there are multiple contestants who beat the WR score within the same tournament, the pot goes to the contestant with the highest score.
- The contestant who wins the pot cannot collect any other prize money for the same tournament (top player positions or bounties).
- Any contestant, including the current WR holder, is eligible to win the pot.
- Any contestant who wishes to donate more money to the pot, please contact Eric Tessler.Prize Payouts
- Prize money will be issued in the exact amount stated, ONLY to the registered contestant.
- Prize money will be sent via PayPal or sent via U.S. post in the form of a registered money order, or check ONLY to the registered contestant.
- If the contestant rejects the prize acceptance guidelines, listed above, or chooses not to accept the prize, that prize will be dropped.Clarifications
- DK kill screen: any game forced death on any level 22 board Closing Remarks
- Please remember, at the end of the day, this is for fun and to keep the community together. Anyone who does not follow the rules, cheats, etc, will be removed from the contest, and possibly banded from all future contests.
- Get practicing and good luck to all contestants !!!