Attended the always fun, annual November
Funspot week the last few days.
Some general highlights:
- All the games on the floor were working really, really well, very impressed
- The pub added my favorite beer, Ommegang Hennepin
- I broke my phone and needed a new one so that I could get home eventually via Google maps. The Laconia Verizon store was very nice and hooked me up.
- I picked up 2 bottles of Moxie soda to bring home, since it's mostly regional to New England. If you've never had Moxie, I'd describe it as a cross between Dr. Pepper and black licorice in soda form. Sounds weird/bad but it's super.
- Picked up some homemade chocolates to bring home. My wife is a fan of chocolate covered pretzels so I got a few of those and got myself some chocolate covered oreos.
put up a large Pandora's score (like 1.5m or so) and leave a bunch of men in reserve to go eat dinner
- It was great to finally have another Aurcade ref besides myself there this year (Graham Ogilvie) so that I could also submit should I feel so inclined
- Seeing all the cobbas I see once or 2x a year is always the best.
Games I played:
- I managed a new WR on Turbo (TGTS Hard) breaking Jamie Cahill's old record done at Richie's back in the golden era of NJ vintage e-Sports (2008). Didn't film it so it is Aurcade only for now, but since there is a cab local to me, I'll likely do it there as well at some point. Took a lot of tokens and nearly a full day of playing (with scattered breaks). Props to
for making me work as he had the house high which was slightly lower than Jaime's score. The setting is pretty brutal, hard difficulty, 1 life per loop, no extras, so you can only have at most 1 extra life at any point in the game and cannot carry them through to the next stage regardless.
- Jay Cameron talked me into playing some games of 1943 with him and I managed a new PB (I think, I forget what I got in Iglympics) of 2.3m
- I started a game of Commando pretty late on Saturday night because I was bored wandering around and ended up playing until close, killing off my game at 800k with no leeching and about 10-12 men in reserve. I broke the grenade button about halfway through somehow and lost a few lives trying to use the other grenade button cross handed (even though that one didn't work either). If I find a cab local to me I'll probably submit something to TG, maybe the 2m second place score as #1 is 10m which seems like torture (and highly difficult playing straight up).
- I filmed a game of Rally-X on the default settings track I created in TG to put up an inaugural score for that track. I forget what I got and haven't watched the playback yet as I mostly slept through all of yesterday. Something over 100k.
Notable scores I verified for other people that now reside in Aurcade:
Jay Cameron - 1943 - 2.2m
Brendan O'Dowd - 1943 - 2.845m
Graham Ogilvie - Pole Position - 66,060
Mike Sao Pedro - Armored Car - 178,980
Dave Nelson - Speed Buggy - 108,510
Also made it home in record time on Sunday, under 5.5 hours. NWR, lit, EngPls, Ffft, wda, make