Author Topic: DK Data Library of Memorable Games  (Read 46518 times)

Offline Mary McManus

Re: DK Data Library of Memorable Games
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2013, 03:05:24 AM »
Tim, bring it to the Kong Off 3 and we can all watch it! Seriously, I'd be interested in watching that piece of history!

I cant afford to travel to these things but I will see about streaming it..not that it would matter.

It matters to me.

Hey Tim, if you stream that game (and if the video quality is good enough that I can read the score after each stage), would you object to the summary and stats being posted here?  I think it would be a great addition to this thread.

I always request permission, as a courtesy to each player, so it's your call.

But wait a minute..............Seth Gordan, famed researcher/ producer of such documentaries as   KOK said there was "no way" to verify this very  game I'm talking about and besides..it was constantly disputed remember?             Do you think actually, for one minute that the  good hearted, Honest hollywood movie scammers...........er.....I mean "producers" of KOK  would actually lie to you.? Do you really think the good people at TG would allow an official score on thier "Official" scoreboard" to be  covered up so others could profit?

Do you think Steve Wiebe would lie to you? Why even the Wikipedia artical, Wikipedia, the all knowing oracal of things true states this very game I played was merely just a "claim" How dare you not believe the media propaganda ;)

Really ,I'm just being sarcastic here......;)

you could probably guess that.........  I mean no disrespect to you Stella_blue :).....and thanks for asking :)

I'll see what I can do about broadcasting that 8/16/2000 game but here's what I remember:

The begining of the tape (1st 30 seconds) are kind of scratchy but still  clear (tape probably stretched no doubt from constant re-winding as I used the same tape on many,many tries.)

I basically just ran boards....I did not use the bottom hammer on the barrel boards.

My spring boards were not as efficent time wise as they are now.

I was on L=21-6 with one man left and knew the kill screen was the next board L=22. I knew if I cleared L=21-6 I would come just shy of beating Billys 1982 score. So I intentionally died on L=21-6 and used the extra man I had left to get those extra points I nedded and I did. Point pressing in its infancy I guess.

Let me see about broadcasting it.   It will just expose Seth Gordan and Ed Cuntingham once and for all as liars that knowingly and with malice of forethought made a fraudulant DOC based on an accomplishment I did 3 years before Steve Wiebe.

I will also just bolster more interest in Dwayne Richards DOC and give Dwayne's DOC that much more credibility that it deserves.
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2013, 03:50:57 AM »

you could probably guess that.........  I mean no disrespect to you Stella_blue :).....and thanks for asking :)

No misunderstanding here.  Since its last tune-up, my sarcasm detector has been working flawlessly.   ;)

So, assuming you broadcast that 08/16/2000 game, might I compile the game summary with your blessing?  It's obviously not representative of your current skill level, but it was (and still is) a memorable game that merits inclusion here.  Also, it will allow me (and this is the selfish part) to produce a historical DK document that isn't available anywhere else.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Twitch TV  Streamer Most Time Online DKF Blogger DK Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2013, 08:58:57 AM »
Tim, bring it to the Kong Off 3 and we can all watch it! Seriously, I'd be interested in watching that piece of history!

I cant afford to travel to these things but I will see about streaming it..not that it would matter.

It matters to me.

Hey Tim, if you stream that game (and if the video quality is good enough that I can read the score after each stage), would you object to the summary and stats being posted here?  I think it would be a great addition to this thread.

I always request permission, as a courtesy to each player, so it's your call.

But wait a minute..............Seth Gordan, famed researcher/ producer of such documentaries as   KOK said there was "no way" to verify this very  game I'm talking about and besides..it was constantly disputed remember?             Do you think actually, for one minute that the  good hearted, Honest hollywood movie scammers...........er.....I mean "producers" of KOK  would actually lie to you.? Do you really think the good people at TG would allow an official score on thier "Official" scoreboard" to be  covered up so others could profit?

Do you think Steve Wiebe would lie to you? Why even the Wikipedia artical, Wikipedia, the all knowing oracal of things true states this very game I played was merely just a "claim" How dare you not believe the media propaganda ;)

I'll see what I can do about broadcasting that 8/16/2000 game but here's what I remember:

The begining of the tape (1st 30 seconds) are kind of scratchy but still  clear (tape probably stretched no doubt from constant re-winding as I used the same tape on many,many tries.)

I basically just ran boards....I did not use the bottom hammer on the barrel boards.

My spring boards were not as efficent time wise as they are now.

I was on L=21-6 with one man left and knew the kill screen was the next board L=22. I knew if I cleared L=21-6 I would come just shy of beating Billys 1982 score. So I intentionally died on L=21-6 and used the extra man I had left to get those extra points I nedded and I did. Point pressing in its infancy I guess.

Let me see about broadcasting it.   It will just expose Seth Gordan and Ed Cuntingham once and for all as liars that knowingly and with malice of forethought made a fraudulant DOC based on an accomplishment I did 3 years before Steve Wiebe.

I will also just bolster more interest in Dwayne Richards DOC and give Dwayne's DOC that much more credibility that it deserves.

Tim,

First of all, I would love to watch this.  Second of all, it's pretty cool that you sac'd a man on 21-6.  A few of us had discussed actually taking a "suicidal top hammer" on 21-6, if it meant increasing points (in leu of a trip to 22-1); I know this isn't quite the same tactic, but it's really freaking cool to see that you were using something like this way back in 2000, without any help from the "communal knowledge base".   I also lost a 3rd man on 21-6, but it wasn't a sac. 

It's pretty cool to learn that the WR score that took down billy had a sac'd man on level 21.
DK Remix Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DKF Blogger DK 1 Million Point Scorer

Offline JNugent

• Just a guy who likes to play games.
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2013, 01:38:19 AM »
I've been wanting to see this game!  Please make an announcement on the forums when you're ready to broadcast, Tim!  I so want to see the game that took Billy Mitchell's score down!

567,200 - Crazy Kong (MAME) - ended on L=21 rivets
555,000 - Donkey Kong (MAME)
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger

Offline Dk_madness

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2013, 04:07:44 AM »
I would definitely want to see it   :D
Dafuq????
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline VON

• Elite Member
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2013, 04:30:05 AM »
Stream the game Tim.

DKF (in combination with Twitch) will preserve history.  Believe in that, for now, please.

Offline Mary McManus

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2013, 04:45:49 AM »
I've been wanting to see this game!  Please make an announcement on the forums when you're ready to broadcast, Tim!  I so want to see the game that took Billy Mitchell's score down!
My 1980 Magnovox top loader VCR is not working. (its almost as heavy as a pr7820 laserdisc player). One of these days I'll have to try living in the 21st century instead of the late 20th century.   I'll have to find another VCR.
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2013, 08:58:10 AM »

Player

Score

Final Stage

Date Achieved

Platform
Ben Jos Walbeehm

Level 22-1

11/30/2001

MAME

If not for the initiative taken by Jeremy (the "idea" man) and Graham (the "can do" man), this game summary might never have been posted.  Thanks, guys.  Much appreciated.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)

Offline JNugent

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2013, 10:47:04 AM »
Thanks for posting Ben Jos' stats for his 904k game!  Awesome!

Offline JNugent

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »
My 1980 Magnovox top loader VCR is not working. (its almost as heavy as a pr7820 laserdisc player). One of these days I'll have to try living in the 21st century instead of the late 20th century.   I'll have to find another VCR.

Tim, I bought a VCR at a yard sale for $2.00 last year.  If you can't find one (no remote) at a local thrift store for cheap, I would be willing to ship this one to you!  I also have a DVD/VCR combo (no remote) that was given to me.  I really want you to be able to broadcast the game, can you tell?   ;D

Offline Mary McManus

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »

I'm looking, I should be able to come up with one in a couple days.

Tim, I bought a VCR at a yard sale for $2.00 last year.  If you can't find one (no remote) at a local thrift store for cheap, I would be willing to ship this one to you!  I also have a DVD/VCR combo (no remote) that was given to me.  I really want you to be able to broadcast the game, can you tell?   ;D

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2013, 06:11:14 PM »

Player

Score

Final Stage

Date Achieved

Platform
Brian Allen

Level 22-1

07/09/2013

MAME

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2013, 07:32:13 AM »

Player

Score

Final Stage

Date Achieved

Platform
Jeff Wolfe

Level 21-6

09/22/2013

Arcade

It was a pleasure to watch this game again, and to immerse myself in the superb musical soundtrack.  Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughan.  It doesn't get any better than that.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2013, 05:54:40 PM »

Player

Score

Final Stage

Date Achieved

Platform
Ethan Daniels

Level 18-3

10/21/2013

Arcade

Special thanks to Jeremy for providing an additional set of data points (with 100% accuracy).  Your contribution made the data verification and overall task that much easier.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2013, 06:41:17 PM »
Love it! Thanks again Scott. 
DK Remix Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DKF Blogger DK 1 Million Point Scorer