Author Topic: Better Late than Never  (Read 10126 times)

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
Re: Better Late than Never
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 06:57:24 AM »
I had never thought about that Dean, but it does make a lot of sense; basically you can gain 2 vertical pixels (⌂Y) over the course of a "broad jump"so you'd want to, ideally, get one of the pixels at the beginning of the jump (allowing a later departure) and the other at the end of the jump (around the left edge of the last trailing barrel).  I would say that I have NOT been actively jumping from spots that are "conducive" to this effect, perhaps even larger jumps are possible.  So, essentially any up-hill running jump is going to gain a minimum of 1 vertical pixel, I'd imagine (no knowledge on debug) that statistically speaking, a 2 pixel jump is less common.

Dave, I remembered reading that barrel speeds were consistent, but I had often wondered if the slopes of the girders changed, thanks for that clarification.

I am adding another 2 videos; large jump(s) 4 and large jump 5.  I think that large jump 5 may be the largest yet, although there were fewer barrels, it looks like jump 5 only had a  ⌂Y + 1, implying there is potentially a bit more room.

Large Jump(s) 4 http://www.twitch.tv/f_symbols/c/3522830

Large Jump 5 http://www.twitch.tv/f_symbols/c/3522859

EDIT:  I just noticed that at the end of "large jump 5" (last jump) there is a good example of a ⌂Y+2.  Also, I've added a photo from just prior to takeoff.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:58:42 PM by f_symbols »
DK Remix Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DKF Blogger DK 1 Million Point Scorer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 02:53:23 PM »
During a fit of spastic rage, following a death on 2-1  ::) , I discovered (accidentally) that you can do a 2x100 on the Blue Barrel.  I'm not sure if it is applicable for later levels, but it was a pleasant accident. 

http://www.twitch.tv/f_symbols/c/3892457
DK Remix Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DKF Blogger DK 1 Million Point Scorer

Offline p2dose

• Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2014, 02:58:14 PM »
wow spastic grub hype. love it

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »

During a fit of spastic rage, following a death on 2-1  ::) , I discovered (accidentally) that you can do a 2x100 on the Blue Barrel.  I'm not sure if it is applicable for later levels, but it was a pleasant accident. 

Nice.  Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out an item from your signature:

dk wreckerds: 3 jumps, 1 barrel, 1100₧

Can you help me understand that one?

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Twitch TV  Streamer Most Time Online DKF Blogger DK Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »

Nice.  Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out an item from your signature:

dk wreckerds: 3 jumps, 1 barrel, 1100₧

Can you help me understand that one?

No problem Scott. 

It was on 1-1 near the bottom hammer; I had two fireballs to my right and an approaching barrel from the left, I got a 500 pt leach while jumping from right to left over the barrel and the 2 fireballs gave chase, they were nearly "frozen together" but not quite overlapping and I managed to get two 300pt jumps while heading left.  The 3 jumps were back to back to back, as soon as I hit the ground.  Ultimately I got hit by a barrel coming down the long ladder from the 3rd girder (avoidable).   It's in one of my past broadcasts somewhere, but I never highlighted it and finding it at this point would be a nightmare.  FailFish

Offline marinomitch13

• Strategy Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »
Awesome, Ethan! I'm adding that move into my 2-1 repertoire from now on!
“Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee.” -Augustine, Confessions.
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener

Offline lakeman421

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2014, 12:54:30 PM »
Awesome, Ethan! I'm adding that move into my 2-1 repertoire from now on!
You should add a kill screen to that as well   <Allen>
World Record holder for most fireballs stuck in rivet holes on a single board-5
DK PB of 1,206,900
Crazy Kong 764,500 (MAME)
Crazy Kong 681,500 (Arcade)
Stratovox 174,400
Death Race 33 "Zombie" Kills
Death Race Doubles 41
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer DK Online Open #3 Winner DK Online Open #5 Winner DK Online Open #6 Winner DK 1st Man Million DK 1.2 Million Point Scorer Kong-Off 5 Champion Crazy Kong Arcade WR Holder DKF Blogger Crazy Kong MAME WR Holder

Offline marinomitch13

• Strategy Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2014, 01:00:28 PM »
No need for a KS without first having a huge game to end it with.
“Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee.” -Augustine, Confessions.
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 09:46:38 PM »
Little bit o' hitbox hype

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2014, 08:29:11 AM »