Streamed a credit or two of most nominations. Ratings follow below.1980-1984 and 1985-19891990-1994 and 1995-2000
1. Pig Newton | Best game you've never played. Simple, high strategy, doesn't run too long.
2. The Electric Yo-Yo | Simple game. Neat concept; plays really fast and challenging to score well in.
3. Black Widow | Fun fact-paced game. Hadn't played it before, might amend that.
4. Blaster | Weird but fun. Solid Williams game.
5. Alpine Ski | Decent pick. Parallel Turn is the better skiing game though.
6. Time Tunnel | Toot Toot
7. Chack 'n Pop | Controls are weird but it's actually way more fun than it looks.
8. Sky Skipper | More fun than I thought it would be. Definitely unique.
9. Road Fighter | Simple game; decent enough, though.
10. Pac-Land | Remarkably solid early platformer. Did not expect to enjoy this one.
11. Enigma 2 (enigma2) | Kusoge; the good kind.
12. Jack Rabbit | I made it about halfway into the voice sample and closed the window. (doesn't seem that bad of a game, really)
13. Bomb Jack | Generic single screen platformer. Meh.
14. Hard Hat | More suited for a Crap Tournament. Not an entirely horrible game.
15. Gaplus | Fast Galaga. Falaga.
16. I, Robot | More of a novelty than a complex game.
17. Pengo | I could take it or leave it. Not a bad filler game, just a bit random unless you're as good as PAC.
18. Timber | Takes too long.
19. Berzerk | I find the game boring. Takes a bit too long to get to the fast bullets and then you just lose randomly depending on room spawns.
20. Wizard of Wor | Runs long, apparently lots of cheese and waiting around for safe play.
21. Time Pilot (maximum difficulty) | Don't like the way this controls.
22. Space Raider | Found it kind of dull at a glance. Enemy hitboxes are small enough that it feels mostly random if you hit anything.
23. New Rally-X | I wouldn't hate the game as much if it didn't show up in every single tournament.
24. Ponpoko (Venture Line) (ponpokov) | Not a bad game, but we just played this.
N/A. MotoTour / Zippy Race | Didn't work in the version of MAME I was using.
N/A. Space Ace | Skipped because laserdisc game.
1. Omega Fighter | Great shmup.
2. Hang-On | Good pick.
3. VS. Tetris | Pure Tetris. Can't go wrong with this.
4. Dragon Spirit | Fun shmup. Very difficult. Good music.
5. Ghouls 'n Ghosts | Way more memorization than I thought it would be from watching speedruns. Probably fun after some grinding.
6. Halley's Comet | Way more fun than I expected it to be.
7. Rampage | Simple and fun game.
8. Butasan | Fun to play. Scoring is pretty RNG though.
9. Wonder Boy | Memorization heavy, but still decent fun.
10. Twin Cobra | Decent shmup. Plays a bit long.
11. Momoko 120% (momoko) | A bit simple, but it's fun enough.
12. Same! Same! Same! | Standard Toaplan shmup. Spend more time dodging powerups than bullets.
13. Exed Exes | Decent enough.
14. Arm Wrestling | Couldn't get a feel for it since it seems like you need to watch a replay to know what to do.
15. Green Beret (gberet) | A bit generic. Seems like there'd be leeching problems.
16. Superman | Terribly designed beatemup.
17. Don Doko Don | Don't care much for snow bros.
18. Commando | Didn't really click with me
19. U.N. Squadron | Euroshmup, didn't like it.
20. Solomon's Key | Seems like it would run long, and be susceptible to copying replays.
21. Pac-Mania | I don't like Pac-Man. I found this worse than the original because you can't see what's going on.
22. Gladiator (Golden Castle) | Decent concept. Plays like shit.
N/A. Badlands | Skipped, wasn't showing up in mame gamelist