Author Topic: Kibbey93's Blog  (Read 4965 times)

Offline Kibbey93

• Soon to be #1 in Aus...
    • My Twitch!
Kibbey93's Blog
« on: September 30, 2014, 03:12:37 AM »
Since posting my first score on Twin Galaxies in 2009 my activeness playing Donkey Kong over the coming years slowly dwindled. Between 2012 and mid 2014 I didn't play it once. Since meeting the DKF community my enjoyment of this game has increased dramatically.

You'll all probably aware of the documentary "The King of Kong". I, like I would assume many others, drew my interest into classic arcade gaming from it. Watching people compete for high scores in games that were simplistic yet ridiculously challenging appealed to me in ways no other genre did.

Since I started streaming the game and having players like Wes and Ethan, and all the rest who's names I am still learning, join my stream and give me tips my skills have improved dramatically. I've gone from 70k averages to getting upwards of 160k scores.

I'm currently going for a score of 200k as a new PB and my first submissions to the DKF scoreboard. I am excited to chat with the rest of the community and get to know everyone. I hope with the communities guidance I'll eventually be able to reach my first KS.

P.S. The game's on Allen! Race to first kill screen begins now.
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Golden Chickens
Re: Kibbey93's Blog
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:21:38 AM »
Welcome mate!
Badge hype
Kreygasm
Whinging is half of the contest  - Bedard; Yolympics 2017

--

Basically ignore my previous posts as they provide no useful information whatsoever
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline pwnasaurus

• Spring Jumper
  • Taking Linderman Rock in Neutral
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 04:02:14 AM »
Love it.  Good luck mate!   <Allen>
Why not play some Kangaroo today?
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline Shnypz

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 05:50:34 AM »
Welcome and good luck with the 200k! I had the same goal for my first HS sub.

It always helps to have a few cheerleaders in the stream chat.
DKF Blogger Twitch TV  Streamer

Offline WCopeland

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 06:52:04 AM »
o yer love it. I hope you are preparing for the next DKO. Remember even if you don't win there's still a good chance of getting prize money. Be sure to check out The Manual if you haven't already.
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Online Open #4 Winner DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener DKF Blogger Pauline WR Holder DK 1st Man Million DK 1st man 1.1 Million DK Jr. Killscreener 1 Million Point Trifecta DK Arcade WR Holder DK 1.2 Million Point Scorer

Offline p2dose

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 08:15:01 AM »
good luck mate. welcome to dkf <Billy>

Offline marinomitch13

• Strategy Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 01:16:28 PM »
Welcome, mate! This is the place to be if you want to get better at DK. It might take you a while to learn all the jargon we use, but it makes it more fun in the end.

Here's a quick reference for DK terms:
http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?topic=51.0

Here's a quick reference for some of the "Staalisms" we've acquired:
http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?topic=83.msg827#msg827

And here is a manual on DK for beginners:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lPdtKh8KFqWSmL-YTZ2qpHD9HkQbjLQw-Km0VvBNbBA/edit?pli=1

Good luck! I'll swing by your stream when I can!  :)
“Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee.” -Augustine, Confessions.
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener

Offline Kibbey93

• My Twitch!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 02:41:41 AM »
Entry #2.

Thanks all for the warm welcome to the community.

6 days since joining DKF and I've managed to break the 200k mark. Within only a week I've managed to beat my PB by 110k.

I'll keep in short this time around because I don't really have much to say. 300k, I'm coming for you.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 04:13:13 AM »
Yeah that's a rapid improvement.  Congrats on that.  Should be interesting to see how far you take this.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer

Offline WCopeland

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 05:44:23 AM »
6 days since joining DKF and I've managed to break the 200k mark. Within only a week I've managed to beat my PB by 110k.

I'll keep in short this time around because I don't really have much to say. 300k, I'm coming for you.

Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Online Open #4 Winner DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener DKF Blogger Pauline WR Holder DK 1st Man Million DK 1st man 1.1 Million DK Jr. Killscreener 1 Million Point Trifecta DK Arcade WR Holder DK 1.2 Million Point Scorer

Offline Monstabonza

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 01:32:15 PM »
Welcome dude,
Good luck with your endeavours.
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline Kibbey93

• My Twitch!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 06:42:21 PM »
Entry #3.

Within 24 hours of breaking 200k I had managed to beat it again around 6 or so times. I even managed to beat my original 200k PB with a score of 236,300. 300k is within my sites, and I'm hoping that within a weeks time I'll have it.

I have plans to record the majority of my sessions so I can watch back over and note the places I die most, so I know where I need to improve the most.

I will show this game no mercy.

Peace
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:51:02 AM by Kibbey93 »

Offline Kibbey93

• My Twitch!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 05:41:35 AM »
Blog Entry #4.

So it's been a while since I've made one of these blog entries, or played DK for that matter.

In the DKO6 I've managed to put up a 220,700 score, so I'm still where I use to be. I went for Robbie's bounty for the Vess 2200 games submission. Hoping to stay on top for that.

I'll be putting in plenty more submissions tomorrow for the DKO, and am planning on playing much more DK to break my PB and work towards a KS.

Thanks everyone for the continued support.

Offline ebinsugewa

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 02:54:56 AM »
yer keep on truckin <Sanders>
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger

Offline Kibbey93

• My Twitch!
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 12:19:13 AM »
Blog Entry #5.

I've been putting in some hours recently with my playing, and today I have again broken my personal best.

I scored 257,600 and ended on 8-5 to a wild barrel..

This has inspired me to again push hard with donkey kong and I will always be going for bigger scores.

Keep up the game!