Offline Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Golden Chickens
Strats
« on: April 18, 2017, 04:03:28 PM »
Did  <Sanders> write a book about this I can read
Whinging is half of the contest  - Bedard; Yolympics 2017

--

Basically ignore my previous posts as they provide no useful information whatsoever
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline WCopeland

• Elite Member
Re: Strats
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 04:04:15 PM »
I don't have an RBS myself, but it's probably worth going for the 1m on Hard difficulty first. When you tone down to Easy difficulty to get the RBS it probably won't feel as tough.
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Online Open #4 Winner DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener DKF Blogger Pauline WR Holder DK 1st Man Million DK 1st man 1.1 Million DK Jr. Killscreener 1 Million Point Trifecta DK Arcade WR Holder DK 1.2 Million Point Scorer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 04:45:47 PM »
Seek out the one they call SkyCrusher and you will find the knowledge you desire.  Another good source of info would be "one of the best gamers of all time", according to <Tim> , and that is Steve Wagner.

DK Remix Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DKF Blogger DK 1 Million Point Scorer

Offline Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Golden Chickens
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 05:43:05 PM »
I don't have an RBS myself, but it's probably worth going for the 1m on Hard difficulty first. When you tone down to Easy difficulty to get the RBS it probably won't feel as tough.

I did consider this but thought it may teach me some bad habits such as sac'ing and relying on the super spray too much

--

Basically ignore my previous posts as they provide no useful information whatsoever
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Golden Chickens
DK3, a couple of questions....
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 05:49:53 PM »
Since I'm getting paid at work for doing nothing, I'll pose a couple of questions for the DK3 experts to think about (or not)

Is there a fixed number of bugs per wave? Does this increase with difficulty and as you progress?
Does shooting a few enemies cause the next wave to come at you faster? (Like what happens in Galaga)
Does only one bee attack at once? Can bees pick up a flower?
Why do bees sometimes fire a million bullets (?) in a row?
What determines how long the super spray lasts for? Duration or does it have a certain number of sprays?

And lastly, does DK3 suffer from moods the same as another semi-popular arcade game does?

These are all important questions

:)

--

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
Re: DK3, a couple of questions....
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 06:47:22 PM »
Since I'm getting paid at work for doing nothing, I'll pose a couple of questions for the DK3 experts to think about (or not)

Is there a fixed number of bugs per wave? Does this increase with difficulty and as you progress?
Does shooting a few enemies cause the next wave to come at you faster? (Like what happens in Galaga)
Does only one bee attack at once? Can bees pick up a flower?
Why do bees sometimes fire a million bullets (?) in a row?
What determines how long the super spray lasts for? Duration or does it have a certain number of sprays?

And lastly, does DK3 suffer from moods the same as another semi-popular arcade game does?

These are all important questions

:)
The waves all come out the same speed.  Super spray is all about duration.  The queen bee fires a million bullets in a row at times in order to provide back up for an insect to pick up a flower.  I think there is something like 31 bugs.  The insects change as you progress, from the flies to moths, and butterflies.  The moths, and butterflies pick up flowers much quicker.  The red beetle swipes across the screen faster than the blue beetle.   Only one queen bee attacks at once.  Queen Bees can't pick up flowers.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen