Author Topic: The DK Masters Information and Submission Thread  (Read 689 times)

Online Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
Re: The DK Masters Information and Submission Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 02:41:00 PM »
Heres a (very crude) excel spreadsheet which you can enter your PB and it'll give you the rank associated with each
Easy way to keep track of where you're at, keeping everything in one place and easily updated if you improve :)

I'd like it to return an OVERALL RANK based on the lowest values in the "meets rank req'd" field but couldn't get it to work, unsure if I was using the right function (LOOKUP?)
Be sure to use the correct annotation (KS, RBS or N) and update both columns as it looks for the higher rank first

Also Score and KS/RBS are independent in the Masters criteria so if your current PB isnt a KS or RBS but you've achieved those previously you still qualify, so make sure to put that in the spreadsheet too!

:)

EDIT: By converting the Ranks to numbers I was able to get it to show the lowest value. Theres probably a better way to do it. Updated spreadsheet attached

Edit Edit: Doesn't take into account if you haven't earned one of the ranks. Better get your scores up if you want it to work
Should be fixed now
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:50:06 PM by Barra »
First player to get both highest and lowest score during a Kong-Off <Kuh>
DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Online Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 05:47:28 PM »
If George S (for example) gets an RBS on easy (for Rank B requirements), but does NOT have 1m on Hard, does he qualify for Rank C since he already has the requirement for a higher Rank?

(similarly if someone has 750k in CK but no KS, do they qualify for rank D or only the other 3)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 05:50:47 PM by Barra »
DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 05:59:40 PM »
If George S (for example) gets an RBS on easy (for Rank B requirements), but does NOT have 1m on Hard, does he qualify for Rank C since he already has the requirement for a higher Rank?

(similarly if someone has 750k in CK but no KS, do they qualify for rank D or only the other 3)

Yes. Achieving the requirement for a harder Rank will count for any lower Rank as well. The idea still revolves around doing something progressively more difficulty for each Rank. If you can get 750k in CK, you clearly have the skill for a KS. How do you really use a score for the Rank D platformers, right? An easy CK KS could be 450k or 605k, for example. In my learned opinion, people have had an easier time getting the DK3 1M on Hard then getting the Easy RBS, so getting an RBS should qualify you for any of the 1M requirements.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener

Online Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 06:23:20 PM »
Yes. Achieving the requirement for a harder Rank will count for any lower Rank as well. The idea still revolves around doing something progressively more difficulty for each Rank. If you can get 750k in CK, you clearly have the skill for a KS. How do you really use a score for the Rank D platformers, right? An easy CK KS could be 450k or 605k, for example. In my learned opinion, people have had an easier time getting the DK3 1M on Hard then getting the Easy RBS, so getting an RBS should qualify you for any of the 1M requirements.

OK cool. Wasn't sure how <lexmark> you wanted to be.
Definitely agree that RBS easy is much harder than 1m hard. Easy accept, etc