Author Topic: Donkey Kong 3 High Score Lists Rules and Submissions  (Read 9450 times)

Online Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
Re: Donkey Kong 3 High Score Lists Rules and Submissions
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2017, 06:45:49 PM »
Overall felt sloppy with only 1 or 2 decent lives

Easy, marathon

First player to get both highest and lowest score during a Kong-Off <Kuh>
DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2017, 04:49:14 AM »

Easy, marathon
You've shown great improvement over the past week.  Especially on the hardest settings.   The million on Hardest is  simply awesome in my book. :)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen

Offline xelnia

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2017, 05:13:54 AM »

Easy, marathon

Verified and updated on the DK3 HSL, sir. 21 lives banked again, but this time you made it to board 114. I've also updated your 5-man Diff 4 score lit.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2017, 05:38:07 AM »

Easy, marathon

Verified and updated on the DK3 HSL, sir. 21 lives banked again, but this time you made it to board 114. I've also updated your 5-man Diff 4 score lit.

So you are going counting his five man score that was achieved during marathon?  This is sort of unprecedented.  Tradition doesn't do that.  For all you know, I may have had a five man score achieved during marathon that was a lot higher, but I never submitted it because tradition says you don't do that.  Logically I don't have much of an argument against this, except you do have a different mindset when doing marathon than five man which maybe an advantage to getting a really good five man score during marathon.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen

Online Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2017, 05:50:12 AM »

TY a lot jry for the quick verification as usual, and the boards/lives stats :) really appreciate it!

So you are going counting his five man score that was achieved during marathon?  This is sort of unprecedented.  Tradition doesn't do that.  For all you know, I may have had a five man score achieved during marathon that was a lot higher, but I never submitted it because tradition says you don't do that.  Logically I don't have much of an argument against this, except you do have a different mindset when doing marathon than five man which maybe an advantage to getting a really good five man score during marathon.

C'mon mate as if your scores need to be any higher!!  ;D
DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Online Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2017, 11:22:45 PM »
Easy marathon

Reached the repetitive blue screen on stage 160 and died a couple of stages afterwards. Super stoked about this as it was looking like another ~2m game but managed to string a couple of good lives together.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202563052

Can't upload submission as it exceeds the 4000kb limit. Heres the link to the INP at MARP

TY :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:02:02 AM by Barra »

Offline gstrain

« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2017, 11:46:48 PM »
Congrats Barra!  Very well done!

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Musician, gamer, professional video watcher
    • My MARP page
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2017, 12:36:46 AM »
Incredible performance to watch. Congrats again on 2nd place.
PBs:
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 339,900
Donkey Kong (Japan Set 3) - 212,400
Crazy Kong Part II (Set 1) - 335,900
Donkey Kong Remix (Christmas) - 212,000

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2017, 05:10:47 AM »
Wow, you did it!  You're member of the RBS club.  Half surprised that it came so quickly since your last game was one million lower.  Still, I had a clue when you rattled off that over one million Donkey Kong 3 on hardest score.  I thought that your easy score of two million at that time should be WAY higher because of that.  Big, big ups on this!  8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2017, 09:11:41 AM »
OK, I saw the replay.  There were times where you simply where on point with some of these boards, and you did everything right.  Very nice watch.  Congrats again! 8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline xelnia

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2017, 03:04:36 PM »
Easy marathon

Reached the repetitive blue screen on stage 160 and died a couple of stages afterwards. Super stoked about this as it was looking like another ~2m game but managed to string a couple of good lives together.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202563052

Can't upload submission as it exceeds the 4000kb limit. Heres the link to the INP at MARP

TY :)

Congratulations sir! Wish I would have stayed awake for the whole game. >.< Your score has been verified and updated on the DK3 HSL. You can find some more information in your congrats thread. :)
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline mameshane

« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2017, 07:37:10 AM »
pb for me on dk3 on mame

easy settings.
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline Kibbey93

• Soon to be #1 in Aus...
    • My Twitch!
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2017, 02:18:25 PM »
pb for me on dk3 on mame

easy settings.

consider 1m
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline mameshane

« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »
Just had a run on the 60-1

you can see dips at the beginning of stream. let me know if they arent correct. but im pretty sure they are right. (will i need to do this every game? or every stream?)

the pb 256k game starts at 24:09

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/204050256

i played more games after but didnt bother including it in the highlight.

Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »
Nice improvement.  8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard