Author Topic: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call  (Read 537 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online xelnia

  • Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • *
  • Posts: 1418
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« on: November 28, 2017, 05:31:19 PM »
Kong Off 6 @ Arcade Expo 4.0 in Banning, CA is only 3 1/2 months away. There's not a lot of information out there on what the requirements are for competitors and who's planning on going. So, here's what I know so far:

Automatic Qualifiers

Shawn Robinson - Killscreened at Free Play Florida 2016

Player Standings

Since we don't know the requirements, I've compiled the top 25 arcade, MAME, and combined players on both DKF and TG. You can see that list here:

KO6 Standings

Use the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet to switch between DKF and TG standings. The box outlines show top 10, top 12, top 20, and top 25.

Roll Call

Who's going?

Confirmed attendees (not necessarily KO competitors or DK players):

Jeremy
Katie
JC
Danman (#21 overall)
Fly
Riley
Rossayyyy (#8 overall)
dnickolas
Lakeman (#2 overall)
Chris Gleed
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:08:26 PM by xelnia »
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline Fly

  • Senior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 127
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 05:59:02 PM »
I'll bring the CAR BAR! It seats 4.

Hec

Offline homerwannabee

  • Spring Jumper
  • *
  • Posts: 1312
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 06:01:21 PM »
I'm going.  8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen

Offline VON

  • Elite Member
  • *
  • Posts: 448
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 06:13:15 PM »
I'm locked.  Prepare your butt holes.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:37:47 PM by VON »
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener Wildcard Rematch Champion DKF Blogger DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer DK Online Open #2 Winner

Offline dnickolas

  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 26
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 08:30:02 AM »
Iíll come by regardless since I live close, but it remains to be seen if Iíll put up a score by then.

Offline lakeman421

  • Spring Jumper
  • *
  • Posts: 509
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 12:41:54 PM »
im in
World Record holder for most fireballs stuck in rivet holes on a single board-5
DK PB of 1,206,900
Crazy Kong 764,500 (MAME)
Crazy Kong 681,500 (Arcade)
Stratovox 174,400
Death Race 33 "Zombie" Kills
Death Race Doubles 41
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer DK Online Open #3 Winner DK Online Open #5 Winner DK Online Open #6 Winner DK 1st Man Million DK 1.2 Million Point Scorer Kong-Off 5 Champion Crazy Kong Arcade WR Holder DKF Blogger Crazy Kong MAME WR Holder

Offline Xermon54

  • Elite Member
  • *
  • Posts: 490
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 02:23:58 PM »
I personally don't know right now if I'm going to attend. It's like 50/50 chance. But since I don't know anything about maths, it could be anything between 10% chances or 90% chances of attending  Kappa.

I invested so much money in all of these Donkey Kong trips for the past years, I don't know if it's worth spending again.

1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer DKF Blogger

Offline Barra

  • Spring Jumper
  • *
  • Posts: 938
  • Pie Kicker
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 02:25:33 PM »
I don't know if it's worth spending again.

Yes it is
First player to get both highest and lowest score during a Kong-Off <Kuh>
DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

  • Spring Jumper
  • *
  • Posts: 1312
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 05:17:28 PM »
I don't know if it's worth spending again.

Yes it is
Coming from someone whose never been to the Kong Off, probably won't be there again.  <stirpot>
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen

Offline Barra

  • Spring Jumper
  • *
  • Posts: 938
  • Pie Kicker
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 05:34:12 PM »
Coming from someone whose never been to the Kong Off.....

.....yet
First player to get both highest and lowest score during a Kong-Off <Kuh>
DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline Xermon54

  • Elite Member
  • *
  • Posts: 490
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »
Wht da no, Barra went to the Australia's Kong Off, which is like all of the first five Kong Off combined together in term of epicness  Kreygasm

1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer DKF Blogger

Offline jwade614

  • Full Member
  • *
  • Posts: 94
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »
I plan to go if I have a spot in the competition. This post seems to imply that TG scoreboard might be used for qualifying. I hope that's not the case.
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer

Online xelnia

  • Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • *
  • Posts: 1418
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 09:44:49 AM »
I plan to go if I have a spot in the competition. This post seems to imply that TG scoreboard might be used for qualifying. I hope that's not the case.

I have no idea if it is. I don't think it was the last couple of KOs. I put up the TG info just in case.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline WCopeland

  • Spring Jumper
  • *
  • Posts: 567
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 07:14:41 AM »
There's a rumor going around that only Billy and Steve will have dedicated machines at this event  <popcorn>
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Online Open #4 Winner DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener DKF Blogger Pauline WR Holder DK 1st Man Million DK 1st man 1.1 Million DK Jr. Killscreener 1 Million Point Trifecta DK Arcade WR Holder DK 1.2 Million Point Scorer

Offline YesAffinity

  • Elite Member
  • *
  • Posts: 378
Re: Kong Off 6 - Standings and Roll Call
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 11:52:03 AM »
I expect to be at the event, not sure what days yet tho.  I've only missed one Banning event since AE 1.0, and this one is far enough out from the last one, my wife should let me out of the house again.

Would be great if we could get some more pre-qualifying events between now and then.  That always seems to raise the hype level.  <stirpot> <popcorn>
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

www.twitch.tv/yesaffinity/
DK Blog: http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?topic=1357.0
DK Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger