Author Topic: New forum member  (Read 156 times)

Offline KongTower

New forum member
« on: February 06, 2018, 06:33:43 PM »
Howdy, guys.  I'm new here, and very happy to be here.  I'm a very long-time DK player having scored 300,000 three times in my life.  Once when I was 15 years old, next in a two-player game with Steve Weibe in 2005, and then while recording on MAME in 2005.  I recorded some other MARP scores as well, and I also was a coin-op game developer at Atari Games.

I made this custom Happ Super in 4-way mode with a cherry micro and a Happ concave switch, some wood, paint, glue, and some I/O hardware to record my MAME games.

I'm hoping to bring some new things to a play community that is ready.  I'm going to do some practice work with Asteroids, and if things go well with that, I think Donkey Kong would be next.

Thanks in advance for welcoming me to the community.  I already saw that I was listed at 166th place on the score list, and that was enough to make me feel welcome to sign up and talk.

Let's get some drama started!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:38:44 PM by KongTower »

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
Re: New forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 06:42:34 PM »
Welcome aboard KongTower <jimmyhouston>
jammvyy: sory today i am rambunkshess

jammvyy: shis

jammvyy: rambakshis
Twitch TV  Streamer Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Musician, gamer, professional video watcher
    • My MARP page
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 06:42:57 PM »
Welcome to DKF, KongTower! For all your Donkey Kong needs, you've come to the right place. :)
PBs:
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 519,800
Donkey Kong (Japan Set 3) - 212,400
Crazy Kong Part II (Set 1) - 492,800
Donkey Kong Remix (Christmas) - 212,000

Oh yeah, I also stream on Twitch on occasion. http://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Twitch TV  Streamer

Offline krehztim

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 06:53:34 PM »
Welcome aboard the DKF train!  It's a fantastic community - looking forward to see you move up the high score list.
Twitch TV  Streamer Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline KongTower

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 06:53:50 PM »
This is a pic of me playing two-player with Steve Wiebe at California Extreme 2005.  I'm player two, and being handily beaten of course.  But I think this may have been the game I made it to 300k on.

I've not learned any of the new play techniques, but I did watch Robbie Lakeman get his 1.23 in live performance on Facebook.  You can see my comments to Robbie during his play.  It was a fluke that I got to witness that, but it brought me back in a bit.

Online Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 06:56:53 PM »
Welcome!
First player to get both highest and lowest score during a Kong-Off <Kuh>
DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline Dk_madness

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 07:05:34 PM »
Welcome aboard KongTower!!!!
Dafuq????
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK Jr. Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer

Offline KongTower

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 07:15:58 PM »
Here's three of my arcade games from 2005.  I purchased another Millipede, but I no longer have any of these games today.  But that was a very nice Donkey Kong that I restored fully (I did more work after this photo, it was cherry).

I really enjoyed what Robbie did with his setup for live streaming, and I'm looking to do some setups like this.  I actually have a special house where I keep my games now and I'm going to set up for streaming soon.  But no DK cabinet, right now.  I'm focusing on Asteroids and I have three other (non DK) cabinets.