Author Topic: Is it time for a Donkey Kong Anonymous?  (Read 188 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
Is it time for a Donkey Kong Anonymous?
« on: June 07, 2017, 06:25:14 AM »
I won't name names, (and why should I, after all I am throwing out the idea of a Donkey Kong Anonymous) but I have noticed over the years from certain members of the community that they plan to retire from playing Donkey Kong.  The problem is that these proclamations are about as serious as the heroine addict that for the 20th time has said they are going to stop using the drug.  You know very well they'll fall off the wagon with Joystick in hand.
So maybe it's time to do something about it.   Maybe it's time to start the Donkey Kong Anonymous club to get these troubled souls to finally quit the game of Donkey Kong once, and for all.
I mean, if we don't they'll just go on rage, or whine fits for the rest of their lives.  We need to think about their emotional stability.  So how about it?  Why not have a Donkey Kong Anonymous club?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:25:07 AM by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen

Offline marky_d

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
Re: Is it time for a Donkey Kong Anonymous?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 06:41:20 AM »
Are these unnamed souls really addicted to the game, or is the game merely the vehicle of the true (and also purposefully unnamed) addiction?
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener DK Jr. Arcade WR Holder DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer

Offline timhett

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 06:56:56 AM »
But we enjoy the raging and watching the roller coaster ride.  I'm firmly against this idea, as it will take away much fun from the rest of us.
<stirpot>
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 332,131
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger

Offline QAOP Spaceman

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 01:25:12 PM »
Quote from: griley
I won't name names

certain members of the community

these proclamations

these troubled souls

they'll just go on rage, or whine fits for the rest of their lives