Author Topic: The rise in competition with Crazy Kong  (Read 920 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
The rise in competition with Crazy Kong
« on: September 16, 2016, 10:39:02 AM »
Of all games I think Crazy Kong has had the biggest boost in competition over the past six years.  Six years ago Crazy Kong was thought of beneath certain Donkey Kong players to play.
In fact I remember a 900k player in his 40s chastised because he dared to put up a good score on the game.  Someone posted how it was best left to the "kids".  To play.  Kids being the couple of 20 year olds who were playing it.  I thought the notion extremely stupid,and I am glad that the big  guns of Phil, West, and Robbie took on the challenge.
Now I believe that the title of best player on either Arcade or MAME is pretty prestigious in regards to the four 80s Kong games.
It's nice to see tournaments for it, and the competition raised to a higher level.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen

Offline WCopeland

• Spring Jumper
Re: The rise in competition with Crazy Kong
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 10:50:53 AM »
It's an exciting game to play -- I'm hoping to have a direct capture setup going on my PCB for the tournament, but I'm not sure if the equipment I ordered will arrive in time. If not, I'll play on MAME I guess.
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Online Open #4 Winner DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener DKF Blogger Pauline WR Holder DK 1st Man Million DK 1st man 1.1 Million DK Jr. Killscreener 1 Million Point Trifecta DK Arcade WR Holder DK 1.2 Million Point Scorer

Offline Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Watch out Riley
Re: The rise in competition with Crazy Kong
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 05:26:15 PM »
Go sirs
The "Easy Accept" muppet
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener