Author Topic: Donkey Kong 3 High Score Lists Rules and Submissions  (Read 5283 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
Re: Donkey Kong 3 High Score Lists Rules and Submissions
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2017, 07:19:02 PM »
Somehow I didn't see this, but great job.  If you submit this to Twin Galaxies it'll be the 2nd highest 5 man MAME score ever!
Thanks.  I still have a long way to go to actually learn how to play the game before I can put up a score I'd consider "good".  I think I prefer the 5 man settings for now though since they make for shorter games and also more quickly "force" you to not just rely on the super spray and strategic suicides to improve.
Well then, there is something you could shoot for that you may not have thought about.   With five men, maybe going for the lock would be a good idea.  At board 35 the game stops counting boards, and turns into a lock(Well at least I think of it as a lock).  That would be a score that's a little over 600k.  Whatever the score you are looking for, I wish you luck.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen

Offline Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Golden Chickens
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2017, 01:11:34 AM »
GG George!
The "Easy Accept" muppet
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Golden Chickens
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2017, 09:42:50 PM »
♪♫Movin' on up♫♪

WolfMAME 0.186
Medium, 5-man

Still way too reliant on the super spray

The "Easy Accept" muppet
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2017, 04:59:52 AM »
Congrats on taking 2nd place from Mr. Strain!

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen

Offline Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Golden Chickens
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2017, 11:10:44 AM »
Ty
Now for #1  <stirpot>

:)
The "Easy Accept" muppet

Offline gstrain

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2017, 11:45:24 AM »
Difficulty 2 - 5-man (TGTS) - George Strain - 360,900 - WolfMAME .106

A junk.  Need to learn to actually play the game.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2017, 04:03:47 PM »
Wow very nice improvement.  Looks like Barra let 2nd place slip away while he was eyeing 1st place.  <stirpot>

This is shaping up to be the greatest Donkey Kong 3 rivalry of all time.  Two great players trading scores back and forth.  Who am I kidding.  It's already the greatest Donkey Kong 3 rivalry of all time.  Kappa
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:35:07 PM by homerwannabee »

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline xelnia

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2017, 12:50:05 AM »
I've verified and updated the scores submitted by Barra and gstrain. Congrats, sirs!  <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn>
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Golden Chickens
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2017, 01:34:12 AM »
So bad lol

362700, medium 5man

The "Easy Accept" muppet

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2017, 05:06:30 AM »
So bad lol

362700, medium 5man

As DJ Khaled would say,"And another one!"
Congrats on hitting the 360k club.
It's nice to see the 2nd, and 3rd place scores become respectable.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:08:35 AM by homerwannabee »

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Golden Chickens
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2017, 10:24:09 PM »

medium 5 man

got through 21 and 22 (blue/grey) without dying or using super spray. hopefully a sign of things to come although 21 was pretty ridiculous and worth watching if you have a minute :)
should have been 420k odd but messed up on the final life

The "Easy Accept" muppet

Offline xelnia

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2017, 11:06:08 PM »

medium 5 man

got through 21 and 22 (blue/grey) without dying or using super spray. hopefully a sign of things to come although 21 was pretty ridiculous and worth watching if you have a minute :)

It moved when I watched 21. Congrat sir, your PB has been verified and updated on the DK3 HSL!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2017, 05:37:31 PM »

medium 5 man

Congrats, it sounds like you are starting to enjoy the game.  Keep up the good work.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard