Author Topic: Allen Staal vs. Brian Allen: The Race to 900,000  (Read 11910 times)

Offline QAOP Spaceman

Re: Allen Staal vs. Brian Allen: The Race to 900,000
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2017, 03:18:23 PM »
 <Allen> https://clips.twitch.tv/SmallAssiduousOcelotTF2John

The fart at the end sums up the mood
Jammvyy : im glad your hear becuse i have somthig to say to you
Jammvyy : fk off
Twitch TV  Streamer Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2017, 08:26:25 AM »
I believe neither one is capable of 900K at this point......  BibleThump  <Allen>
Does it really matter?  They are both killscreeners, and to be honest, 900k isn't that different than 860k.  I don't see 900k as that much of a step up from a killscreen.  I think you need 950k before there is a clear separation from a killscreen.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen

Offline WCopeland

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2017, 09:44:38 AM »
I believe neither one is capable of 900K at this point......  BibleThump  <Allen>
Does it really matter?  They are both killscreeners, and to be honest, 900k isn't that different than 860k.  I don't see 900k as that much of a step up from a killscreen.  I think you need 950k before there is a clear separation from a killscreen.

Sorry, George, I have to disagree. I think when going for your first 840k-860k kill screen, you're building the foundation to go for higher scores. 900k is the perfection of that "running boards" foundation, and it's senseless to go for a million without being capable of 900k first. With a flawed foundation, one could finish a double hammer game and still not hit a million. The first KS and the first 900k games are big milestones in a player's mastery of the game.
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Online Open #4 Winner DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener DKF Blogger Pauline WR Holder DK 1st Man Million DK 1st man 1.1 Million DK Jr. Killscreener 1 Million Point Trifecta DK Arcade WR Holder DK 1.2 Million Point Scorer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »

Sorry, George, I have to disagree. I think when going for your first 840k-860k kill screen, you're building the foundation to go for higher scores. 900k is the perfection of that "running boards" foundation, and it's senseless to go for a million without being capable of 900k first. With a flawed foundation, one could finish a double hammer game and still not hit a million. The first KS and the first 900k games are big milestones in a player's mastery of the game.
But can't you just reserve double hammer for every time you fall behind 900k pace?  Or maybe even do safe top level point pressing for 900k pace to?
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
DK3 World Record Holder DK Jr. Killscreener DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener Twitch TV  Streamer DK3 Repetitive Blue Screen

Offline WCopeland

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2017, 11:30:56 AM »

But can't you just reserve double hammer for every time you fall behind 900k pace?  Or maybe even do safe top level point pressing for 900k pace to?

IMHO that would be using those techniques as a crutch for pace instead of an addition to pace. With a proper foundation, one should be able to hit 900k simply running boards with no double hammers and no grouping.
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Online Open #4 Winner DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener DKF Blogger Pauline WR Holder DK 1st Man Million DK 1st man 1.1 Million DK Jr. Killscreener 1 Million Point Trifecta DK Arcade WR Holder DK 1.2 Million Point Scorer

Offline Barra

• Spring Jumper
  • Golden Chickens
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2017, 11:33:29 AM »
Bottom hammer and grouping near Kong are of much greater difficulty than just efficiently running boards and most if not all killscreen-only players shouldn't attempt it just to bring their pace up unless they are confident in doing so. In which case they should be attempting much higher scores than 900k.

I agree with Wes, a 900k kill screen is a great indicator of being efficient enough at getting through the screens without point pressing, and that you are ready to make that next step up.
The "Easy Accept" muppet
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger DK Killscreener Crazy Kong Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2017, 12:19:04 PM »

I agree Wes. I was fairly lucky I think that my first killscreen was also a 900k game. I had played a LONG time at that points (like years as FailFish) was pretty efficient with top hammer and the elevator stage so I didn't lose a lot of points there. Generally though 900k is not just a killscreen game. You need to have effective elevators and not waste a lot of points on boards to get it. Its not double hammer play but its not just blazing thru running boards.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Twitch TV  Streamer DKF Blogger Crazy Kong Killscreener DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer

Offline marky_d

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2017, 05:16:06 AM »
So, where do we go from here? I think the term "race to" no longer applies if they aren't even able to do it. A Race To 700k just doesn't have the same appeal to me, so is Brian the Allen Off Champion in perpituity? Or, maybe if Allen ever manages to beat Brian's PB, does that make him the champ? I need answers.
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DK Jr. Killscreener DK Jr. Arcade WR Holder DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer

Offline WCopeland

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2017, 06:27:44 AM »
So, where do we go from here? I think the term "race to" no longer applies if they aren't even able to do it. A Race To 700k just doesn't have the same appeal to me, so is Brian the Allen Off Champion in perpituity? Or, maybe if Allen ever manages to beat Brian's PB, does that make him the champ? I need answers.

Whenever either player is able to actually get 900,000 we can do one of these again, but until then you're right it's probably pointless. Fans of both players seemed pretty disappointed, and I don't want them to be let down again.