Author Topic: Billy Mitchell's Direct Feed Recordings are MAME Generated  (Read 85377 times)

Offline Raven

Re: Billy Mitchell's Direct Feed Recordings are MAME Generated
« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2018, 03:56:22 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone has gone into that much detail (filtering the video), but the fact that a DKJR board is swapped for a DKJR board has been established for quite some time (and was part of the initial set of posts in the TG dispute thread).

What I'd really like to know, and maybe your processing of the video will help, is what's on that laptop screen. :)

It's funny that you mentioned it because I've been wondering about that too. To me, it looks like some kind of webcam or video window on the right, with a partially obscured picture of a circuit board on the left. I've tried various methods to make it more clear, but without much success.

Offline Mary McManus

« Reply #226 on: February 19, 2018, 04:04:08 PM »
The PCB being pulled out of the game is lacking the volume control pot where it would normally located on a DK 2 board upright. From that observation its clearly a DKJR PCB.
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer Crazy Kong Killscreener

Offline Raven

« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2018, 04:04:50 PM »
Something just hit me about that video and I want each of you to watch it now and tell me if I'm wrong. First, is the audio is synced up with video? It seems it is when Billy is talking about the board swap.

When Billy goes to start his DK Jr. game at the end on the video, the credit is in the machine and he talks a little about his tie then hits play. LISTEN REALLY CLOSE. The game starts THEN you here his hand hit the start button milliseconds after.

Now if that's just audio lag, there isn't lag when they are talking about the board swap.

I was once wondered that what if video was ran into the monitor and Billy was in front the machine simulating the game play. What is that blue box next to the PC with the wires coming out.

I checked for audio sync issues and everything seemed to be ok, but I only listened and watched to be certain that words matched lip movements.

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2018, 04:20:32 PM »
Well if the audio is I fact sync, then the start button press after game starts is weird.

EDIT: Scratch that. I just checked the original video, sync is fine, something must have happened in your enhancement video that push the sync off at the end. Button syncs up in original video.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 06:59:31 PM by LMDAVE »
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Twitch TV  Streamer DK Killscreener DK 1 Million Point Scorer DKF Blogger DK Online Open #1 Winner DK 1.1 Million Point Scorer

Offline SHLONKY

« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2018, 04:32:27 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone has gone into that much detail (filtering the video), but the fact that a DKJR board is swapped for a DKJR board has been established for quite some time (and was part of the initial set of posts in the TG dispute thread).

What I'd really like to know, and maybe your processing of the video will help, is what's on that laptop screen. :)

It's funny that you mentioned it because I've been wondering about that too. To me, it looks like some kind of webcam or video window on the right, with a partially obscured picture of a circuit board on the left. I've tried various methods to make it more clear, but without much success.

thanks for the video, its possible enhancements may helpidentify some things, but the board swap being the same board was 100% a long time ago.

as for the pc, the screen at first looked like early versions of Windows Movie Maker, but theni noticed theres a second blockon the left that seems to display an image. At first i started looking at mame builds, certain Mame32 builds look similar in layout, but i only found ones showing a filetree on the left and not an image.
To me the image (if zoomed in) looks like a kind of landscape youd see in games like 1942 etc, but i cannot find any screenshots that match.

whats also worth noting is the purple or blue box to the side of the pc that has wires coming out, i was trying to match it to capture devices or pc-vhs link boxs but found no definite matches yet.

Offline Bounty Bob

« Reply #230 on: Today at 01:03:04 AM »
Thanks Raven, I've posted a link to the video and details of processing over at Twin Galaxies. Would have one it last night but had to go to sleep  :).