Donkey Kong Strategy > Basic Donkey Kong Strategy

Donkey Kong Practice Save States

(1/4) > >>

xelnia:
Hello all,

I've created a series of 16 save states that I believe encompass all the major behavioral changes in the sprites through the early boards. This is mainly for the new DK player or anyone who wants to grind on a board without having to play through the previous levels to get there. Please let me know if I've excluded something or added an unnecessary board. I didn't create a save state for 1-1, for obvious reasons.  ;D

Attached is a ZIP file containing all the save state files and my mame.ini file. I created these using WolfMAME 106 and I'm not sure if save state files work across the different versions. Unzip it and copy the files to the "sta" folder in your main WolfMAME folder. The mame.ini is provided in case you have audio issues when loading these save states. Be sure to save or rename any other save states you have that use letters a through o before you copy these files over. If there is no existing "sta" folder just create a new one. Load up DK, hit F7, and choose a letter from the list below to load up the corresponding level!

a - 1-2 (rivets)
b - 2-1 (barrels)
c - 2-2 (springs)
d - 2-3 (rivets)
e - 3-1 (barrels)
f -  3-2 (pie factory)
g - 3-3 (springs)
h - 3-4 (rivets)
i -  4-1 (barrels)
j -  4-2 (pie factory)
k - 4-4 (springs)
l  - 4-5 (rivets)
m - 5-1 (barrels)
n - 5-2 (pie factory)
o - 5-4 (springs)
p - 5-6 (rivets)

Hope someone finds this useful!

philt80:
Very cool... :D
Thanks for taking the time to do this...I've made a few practice save states, but these are much more organized than my random mid-game states :)

up2ng:
Not that it matters much but level 5 elevators actually does play different from level 4 due to differeent fireball speeds

xelnia:

--- Quote from: up2ng on June 17, 2013, 05:07:21 PM ---Not that it matters much but level 5 elevators actually does play different from level 4 due to differeent fireball speeds

--- End quote ---

Argh! I wondered about that...I'll fix it.

Thanks Dean!  :D

SQUIIDUX:
nice work jeremy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version